HOW THE YEAR WAS FOR ME

Hey friends! Welcome back to Vatsala Shukla's blogs and today I am back again with a new blog of mine, after a long time though. The reason for such a long break is nothing new but my academic duties. 
So, in this blog I am going to share some of my memories and the incidents that took place in my life this year. 

The year started with great pomp as usual. On 1st of january 2021 we welcomed the year in our own way (went to the mall near our house, Enjoyed the food there, etc). 
On 26th of January, as we all know, it was republic day. And we celebrated the day in our society with cultural programmes. I have also shared how I celebrated republic day on my blog ( https://vatsala2.blogspot.com/2021/01/how-did-i-celebrate-republic-day.html ).
The months were passing by and finally we heard the news of the reopening of the schools. We were excited more than ever as we were about to go to the school after 10 months. We were doubtful whether the school will go on normally but it actually did. The only difference that I could see was that we had five periods per day instead of eight. In not much time, our final exams started. I was not well prepared for that as we studied the whole year online. As expected, my result was quite disappointing. I scored well in my favourite subjects i.e maths, science and english but the result of rest of the subjects was not good. 
Anyways, after some time Holi came. And It was literally the best Holi I ever had and also the first Holi of mine in my society. I celebrated the festival with some of my friends and the people of my society. We enjoyed the mud along with colours😂. Yes, we dragged everyone in the small pits that had formed on their own due to excessive water. After all, it was the best Holi of mine till now. 
The days were passing by and we had another lockdown due to the increasing cases of the second strain of COVID-19. The next few months went in great misery. Very frequently we heard the news of deaths. 
But as we all know that good time comes after the bad one, everything soon started becoming normal. The cases of COVID-19 started to slow down. Everything started to reopen. And again the time came for the reopening of schools. But, one day before the schools were about to reopen it was 15th August i.e Independence day. We again had a celebration in our society. A volleyball match was also organised in which I couldn't participate due to some reason but the team, along with which I used to play volleyball daily, lost. In the evening, a football match was also organised in my society. After all, it was a nice way of showing our gratitude towards our motherland.
Then, it was time for us to go to school after five months. And from then till now we are going to school normally like our daily routine. 
On 7 September, I couldn't go to school as I had very high fever also my father was not there, we heard the news of the accident of my cousin sister who studies in our school in class 7th. She was going to school along with her uncle on the bike when a small carrier truck hit them. She was hurt severly at that time and was also admitted in the hospital for two long months. I could see my parents take several rounds of the hospital everyday. Me and my brother as kids were not allowed inside and thus we met her only after she came back to her house. She has not yet recovered perfectly but the good thing is that she is recovering fast. I hope that she recovers soon and again starts walking on her own feet.
In our school, we got the scheme for half yearly examinations as per the new CBSE pattern. I was happy that I did well. The results came and I secured 95% which were less than expected but far better than the previous exams. I did well in every subject but surprisingly scored least marks in English. The paper was of 40 marks and I scored more than 38 in each subject except hindi and english in which I secured 36 and 35 respectively. But it's okay, 'cause I am going to try my best in the finals. 
In the month of OCTOBER, as we all know, it was the festival of Navratri and I just can't describe how well the Navratri was celebrated in our society. The idol of goddess Durga was brought in the temple of our society, there were several programmes and the most exciting were the Dandiya nights in which we danced and celebrated the festival with full flavour. We also went for the 'MURTI VISARJAN' to the banks of river Gomti which flows near our society. In the evening, 'RAVAN DAHAN' was also organised. And we celebrated the Navratri in a way I admired.
We were going to the school as usual and then the time came for the inter school quiz competitions and I was selected for mathematics along with one of my classmates. We got just 4 days for preparation as the competition was pre-ponded. The competition fell on 14 November. Yes, we went to the school on children's day or Sunday to take the test. The result came one week later and I secured second rank for my school. I was very happy about that but still wanted to be first. 
On 28th November, a singles badminton match was organised in our society. I participated in that and came out to be the first runner up or again secured second rank 😂. 
After that, we started playing badminton regularly. Before that we were regular at playing volleyball but now have started badminton.
Then the final month i.e December arrived and we had inspection in our school. I faced very much mental stress as I had to finish too much tasks of the school. I don't have much to write about this month but it is about to end in a few hours.
This year was filled with lots of ups and downs. We saw many things that were new to us. But overall the year was full of fun and joy (because of my crazy classmates), competition (because of my competitive classmates and playmates), lessons (because of the happening itself), thrill (because of the ups and downs) and of course love (because of my loveliest parents and dearest family). The year made me dedicated towards my passion and my going-to-be profession. But one more thing that the year brought surprisingly in me is too much interest in the field of sports. Though I want to carry out my carrier in medicals, I have developed a very strange interest for sports (badminton and volleyball). Well, it is not bad to carry both studies and sports together as sports are very important for our physical fitness.
The year started in great excitement and ended too in the same. 
I wish you all the best of your fortune for the upcoming year. I wish that the world becomes a better place this year and everyone enjoys their life in their own way.
I would like to wish you all a very happy New year. I would like to end up saying-

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CAPTAIN MANOJ KUMAR PANDEY

Happy Mother's Day

Bonus Blog